Haystack Potato Shells
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Lamb Weston Private Reserve ® Breakfast Cubes T ,
- frozen (Item 32N)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Lamb's Supreme® IQF Hash Browns (Item S69)
- 6 Lamb Weston RUS-ETTES ® SPUD-SKIN® Baked Half Shells (Item 02129)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 Medium green onions, white and green parts 4 without ends, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Bacon bits
- Salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
- 1. Preheat oven CONVENTIONAL OVEN at 450° F (240° C)
- 2. In a preheated 350° F (180° C) DEEP FRYER , cook Breakfast Cubes T until golden. Set aside.
- 3. In same fryer, cook Hash Browns until golden. Set aside.
- 4. Bake Half Shells in preheated 450° F (240° C) oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove and lower oven temperature to 400° F (200° C).
- 5. In a bowl, mix together Hash Browns, cheeses, onions, bacon bits, salt and pepper.
- 6. Place equal amounts of Breakfast Cubes T in bottom of each shell. Top with Hash Brown mixture. Bake in 400° F (200° C) oven 4 - 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.